If you are planning a dinner party and want to impress your guests with a beautiful, yet super simple starter salad or side dish, the good news is that you don’t have to look any further!
This light, colorful and crunchy salad is based on a recipe by FoodieCrush. I changed it up a bit and decided to serve it with a refreshing citrus vinaigrette. It turned out absolutely delicious, so I wanted to share the recipe with you. Hope you enjoy!
Orange Fennel Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 regular orange, sliced
- 1 blood orange, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- Handful of mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Unrefined sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Reserved fennel fronds
- Arrange the salad ingredients on a dish
- Mix well all the vinaigrette ingredients in a cup or bowl, then pour over salad and toss to combine
- Garnish with reserved fennel fronds and hemp hearts and enjoy!