Are you getting your recommended 7-8 servings of vegetables and fruits a day? Although that might sound like a lot, it’s not so difficult to achieve. When you start your day with a nutrient-dense concoction like this beet and berry smoothie you’re almost half-way there!
I love to sneak in some greens into smoothies since they are loaded with phytochemicals, minerals, and vitamins and you can’t really taste them when blended and combined with all other ingredients. If you’re just starting out, I recommend opting for spinach, as it has the mildest flavor of all.
Beet & Berry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 small raw beetroot, cut into chunks
- Handful of beet greens
- 1 cup coconut water or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 banana (best if frozen, for creamier texture)
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
- 1 kiwi, sliced (optional)
- Throw the first 3 ingredients in the food processor and blend until the beetroot and greens are completely broken down
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour into glasses or mason jars, garnish with kiwi slices if desired, and enjoy!