The wait is over! It’s finally summer and with hot sunny days come lots of refreshing smoothies and parfaits!
I always love to add a layer of chia pudding to parfaits, since these tiny miraculous seeds are one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids and complete protein. I couldn’t resist adding some greens, so I opted for a scoop of Genuine Health’s vegan greens+ O, a unique blend of over 20 colorful and nourishing plant ingredients. It includes vegetables, herbs, and fruits such as organic spirulina, chlorella, red beetroot, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, carrot, apple peel, and more, making it extremely rich in phytonutrients. It also helps heighten mood and cognitive function, boost energy and vitality, improve digestive health, and promote cardiovascular health to name a few. You can find this product here in case you are interested.
Topped the green chia layer with some creamy homemade coconut yogurt, but you can use any plant-based or organic yogurt of choice. I’ve been experimenting with making my own coconut yogurt lately, which has been a huge hit and also a miss on occasions. I will share my adventures and everything I’ve learned about the process with you as soon as I have a solid recipe.
Finally, a layer of tropical smoothie to celebrate the sun and summer! Blending a piece of whole organic lemon with the peel into smoothies is one of my current obsessions! Not only does it add a plethora of health benefits, but it also introduces an explosion of zesty flavors that work like magic when mixed with sweet tropical fruits like mango and pineapple. Did you know that lemon peel contains as much as 5-10 times more vitamins than the lemon juice itself? It’s high in vitamins C, A, and folate, phytochemicals such as beta-carotene, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium. You just have to make sure not to add too much since the rind is quite bitter. I recommend starting with 1/4 of a whole lemon and taking it from there. I like to cut organic lemons into quarters once I’m done juicing them and store them in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container in the freezer to use in smoothies.
Without further ado, here is the recipe for you to enjoy! If you do try it, don’t forget to let me know. Leave a comment below or send me a note on Instagram or Facebook. XO
Tropical Green Chia Parfait Recipe
Chia Pudding Layer
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (or another non-dairy yogurt of choice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop Genuine Health vegan greens+ O unflavored
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
Tropical Smoothie Layer
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 small mango
- 1/4 organic lemon (with peel)
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- Splash of water
- To make the chia pudding: Mix the chia seeds with yogurt, water, and greens+ powder. Stir a few times to break up any clumps and let it sit for 10-15 minutes or longer for the seeds to gel and thicken
- To make the tropical smoothie: Throw all smoothie ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth, adding water as necessary to get the blender going
- To assemble: Pour half of the chia pudding into the jar, layer with half of the yogurt, and then half of the smoothie. Repeat the layers once more. Garnish with fruits, coconut flakes, or other toppings of choice, (maybe share with a loved one,) and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all the opinions are 100% my own. I would never promote a product that I don’t personally use and love.