Ever since making this superfood yogurt granola parfait last week, I haven’t been able to stop dreaming about its rich taste and texture! Something about the creaminess of thick yogurt mixed with crunchy homemade granola that gets me salivating every time I think about it!
Needless to say, I decided to make it again, but this time I played around with the recipe and turned it into cute mini tarts to share with the family 🙂
I used raw buckwheat groats, almonds, and coconut oil for the base to get a balanced snack in terms of macronutrients, high in protein and healthy fats. I added a bit of pure maple syrup for some sweetness and a touch of cinnamon to help balance blood sugar in addition to its sweet and spicy flavor.
To jazz up the creamy yogurt filling, I used Genuine Health’s vegan greens+ O unflavored, which is a blend of over 20 colorful and nourishing plant ingredients, providing a FULL spectrum of naturally occurring phytonutrients. So you can easily “Eat the Rainbow” with every serving!
Why do we need phytonutrients?
If you’re wondering why should even include phytonutrients in our diet in the first place, here are just some of their incredible health benefits. They…
- protect against free radical damage
- have anti-bacterial/anti-microbial properties
- support our immune system
- provide anti-inflammatory effects
- support our liver function
- contribute to a healthy gut
- balance hormones
You can order greens+ O here in case you are interested.
Now let’s get to the best part, the recipe 😉 If you get to try it, I wanna hear about it! Leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me @nutriholist on your creations on Instagram and Facebook! I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy!
Superfood Yogurt Granola Mini Tarts Recipe
- 3/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup thick coconut yogurt (or organic Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 scoop Genuine Health vegan greens+ O unflavored
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease the mini tart shells with a bit of coconut oil
- To prepare the crust: Add all crust ingredients to the food processor and blitz until you get a sticky crumble
- Press about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto each tart shell and press with your fingers to form the crust
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden around the edges. Then remove and let them cool down
- To prepare the filling: Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until fully combined
- Pour into the shells, decorate with fruits of choice, coconut flakes, and extra granola if you wish and enjoy! Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all the opinions are 100% my own. I would never promote a product that I don’t personally use and love.