Happy New Year’s Eve! Hope you are having lots of fun celebrating the holidays. Well maybe not too much fun 😉 Most of us know how it feels like to wake up to a horrible headache, feel dizzy, exhausted and miserable the whole day. Good news is I can show you how to avoid the dreaded hangover and help you get rid of it in case you couldn’t resist partying too hard! Just try to implement some or all of these 6 simple tips and I promise you’ll feel much better the next day!
- Never drink on an empty stomach! Enjoy a light snack such as plain yogurt with berries, a banana or some cheese and crackers before you venture out
- Alcohol is a diuretic and can therefore contribute to dehydration, causing symptoms like thirst, headache, weakness, dizziness. To avoid dehydration, a good rule is to drink a glass of water in between drinks and to have at least one big glass of water before going to sleep. When dehydrated, we lose not only water, but also electrolytes. Gain them back by sipping on coconut water or eating potassium-rich foods like bananas or spinach
- Getting plenty of sleep after heavy drinking can help your body recover
- Eat a nutritious breakfast (such as eggs) or a light late night meal to help maintain your blood sugar levels, which mitigates symptoms such as weakness and headaches
- Many hangover symptoms are thought to be caused by low-grade inflammation. Thus, drinking ginger turmeric tea or a green smoothie could help reduce inflammation as well as provide much needed hydration
- Oxygen increases the rate that alcohol toxins are broken down, so get outdoors and have some fun!
Wish you the most amazing year ahead and hope you ring in the new year trouble-free 🙂