Soft, chewy, zesty, with a hint of orange and chunks of dark chocolate. That’s how these no-bake cookies taste in a nutshell.
Baking is not my favorite thing to do. It’s rather difficult for me to stick to the exact ingredients and measurements since I tend to play around with recipes all the time. That’s why ever since I discovered the art of “unbaking” I’ve become a huge fan! I love all kinds of raw treats from energy balls to unbaked cakes, brownies, and cookies. So it was about time I tried to create a simple and easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that didn’t require baking.
The texture is quite different from the traditional chocolate chip cookies and you won’t get that crunchy exterior. However, if you’re feeling like a delicious no-fuss healthy treat with a soft and chewy texture, you must give these cookies a try!
I added a scoop of my favorite protein powder, Genuine Health’s fermented vegan proteins+ to bump up the protein content. I love this brand, because first of all, it tastes so much better than everything else I’ve tried in the market. Moreover, it has a very balanced blend of vegetable proteins made from seven high-quality fully fermented vegan ingredients, such as organic quinoa sprouts, spirulina, hemp, mung bean sprouts, and brown rice.
Genuine Health’s advanced fermentation process makes the nutrients much easier to digest and absorb, allowing us to get more of all the goodness that’s actually inside the product. Therefore, it can improve digestive health and eliminate problems like gas and bloating.
I chose the unflavoured version for this recipe since I didn’t want to alter the taste of the ingredients. Click here to find out where you can buy fermented vegan proteins+, in case you are interested.
Hope you get to try and enjoy these healthy cookies as much as we did! Don’t forget to leave a comment below or tag me in your posts on Instagram or Facebook @Nutriholist if you make them 🙂
No-Bake Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Yields 12-14 cookies
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 7 small dates, pitted (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 scoop (25.9 grams) Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ unflavoured
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Zest of 1 orange (preferably organic)
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except dark chocolate chips to the food processor and process until a sticky crumble forms. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Scoop a spoonful of dough, roll into a ball, press down with a fork to shape a cookie, and place it on a lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about an hour until cookies are firm. Enjoy and store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to 3 months
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all the opinions are 100% my own. I would never promote a product that I don’t personally use and love.