Happy St. Patrick’s day! What better way to start this day or any day really than with some yummy green pancakes?! I made green pancakes last year as well, but this time around I tried to simplify the recipe, using as few ingredients as possible. I used the same 3-ingredient vegan and gluten-free recipe I had shared with you before as the base, added some matcha and super greens protein powder and voila! Easy, peasy and delicious 🙂
Matcha Protein Pancake Recipe
Yields about 9 pancakes
- 1 cup gluten-free steel-cut or rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for cooking (more if needed)
- Add all ingredients (except for cooking oil) to high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter in the pan and cook until bubbles have formed on the top (around 2-3 minutes)
- Flip the pancakes and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side
- Serve with chocolate sauce, maple syrup, coconut flakes, nut or seeds, and enjoy!
NOTE: If using a food processor or regular blender, it’s better to grind the oats into flour first. You could use a coffee grinder or food processor for that.