If you’re looking for a cake recipe that’s gluten-free, quick, and easy, leaving you with very little mess in the kitchen, the good news is no need to look any further!
This fruity cake is so light, moist, and delicious, it’s become my new baked favorite. Besides the clean and minimal list of ingredients, what I love most about it is how simple it is to make. You only need one bowl (or preferably a food processor), and it takes you less than 30 minutes from start to finish, including the clean up! The hardest part is waiting 45 minutes for the cake to bake and 15-30 minutes for it to cool down before you can dive in! But I’m telling you, it’s absolutely worth the wait!
I used plums for this cake but you can use any fruit you have available such as apples, cherries, or berries. Hope you get to try and enjoy! And if you do, don’t forget to leave a comment below or tag me @nutriholist on Instagram or Facebook and let me know.
Gluten-free Plum Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 5 large or 10 small plums, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper
- Mix coconut oil, 2/3 cup of coconut sugar, and eggs using a food processor or by hand until light and fluffy. Then fold in the flour, baking powder, and sea salt, and process for a few seconds until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the cake pan
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice over the halved plums and toss to fully coat. Press the plums-cut side down-on top of the batter
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before removing cake from the pan and cutting. Enjoy!