A peek at my Instagram feed will reveal how much I adore chia seeds, especially when mixed with non-dairy milk or yogurt for a decadent chia pudding! However, I realized besides this saffron rosewater chia pudding, this spring detox smoothie/chia parfait, and this blueberry banana chia pudding, I don’t have many chia pudding recipes on the blog. So, in an attempt to change that, let me present to you these fruity and decadent coconut raspberry chia parfaits!
Despite their tiny size, chia seeds pack a whole lot of nutrition! They are a complete source of plant-based protein, high in fiber, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins A, B, E, and D, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and manganese. No wonder why they have been shown to promote healthy skin, reduce signs of aging, support the heart and digestive system, build stronger bones and muscles, help heal diabetes (1), and more! Chia actually means “strength” in the Mayan language, and they were known as “runners’ food” because runners and warriors would use them as fuel during long-distance runs and battles (2).
To boost the protein content even further, I added a scoop of Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ natural coconut flavor, for an additional 20 grams of plant-based protein coming from seven carefully selected, fully fermented seeds and plants. Even the highest-quality plant-based ingredients contain naturally-occurring “anti-nutrients”, which trap the nutrients and prevent your body from accessing them, often leading to unpleasant side-effects including gas and bloating. Fermentation, however, liberates these nutrients and makes them available for assimilation by the body, so we can digest better and absorb more. If you are interested in trying out this amazing product, you can purchase it here.
For an even more tropical “coconutty” flavor, I topped the coconut protein chia pudding with a layer of coconut yogurt and added a tangy and refreshing raspberry smoothie to balance out the sweetness. Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do, don’t forget to leave a comment or tag me in your creations @Nutriholist on IG or FB.
Coconut Raspberry Chia Parfait Recipe
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 scoop Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ natural coconut flavor
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Coconut Yogurt Layer
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup water, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or pure vanilla extract)
- To make the chia pudding: Mix the chia seeds with protein powder and coconut milk. Stir a few times until the protein powder is dissolved and the seeds start to gel. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes or longer for the pudding to thicken
- To make the raspberry layer: Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add more water if you’re not using a high-power blender
- To assemble: Divide the chia pudding between two glasses, top with a layer of coconut yogurt, and then add in the raspberry layer. Garnish with fresh mint, coconut flakes, and fruits of choice such as fresh figs, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all the opinions are 100% my own. I would never promote a product that I don’t personally use and love.